Terms and conditions
Your application will not be accepted if the combination of letters/numbers you selected has already been issued. In addition, requests will not be approved if they are determined to be objectionable under the following criteria:
Sexual messaging or meaning
Abusive, obscene language and derogatory slang
- Abusive, vulgar, derogatory, obscene or profane language.
- Known offensive slang in any language, text-messaging language etc.
- Religious meaning or messaging.
- Only the use of religious titles that are considered formal designations of persons within the religion are permitted.
- Reference to the use of or sale of legal or illegal drugs.
- Effects of drugs or alcohol.
- Alcohol-related words, including brands.
Political figures, dignitaries/law enforcement officials
- Political opinion, slurs, affiliation or organizations are prohibited except non-profit advocacy groups/trade organizations.
- Negative or derogatory message or meaning with respect to government.
- Falsely suggesting association with a public institution and/or law enforcement.
- Reference to well-known figures or names.
- Badge numbers of police officers.
- Messages or meanings that could be associated with violence, as well as promoting discrimination or bias against individuals.
- Illegal or criminal activity of any kind.
Human rights discrimination
Messages that express contempt, ridicule or superiority of race, religion, ethnic origin, ancestry, place of origin, citizenship, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, physical characteristics, disability or political affiliation.
Clarity and readability for law enforcement officials
- Plate selections that are deemed to lack clarity or would be difficult to read. This also includes combinations with:
- No more than 4 identical characters in sequence.
- Interchangeable letters/numbers are not allowed (i.e. S/5, A/4, G/6, Q/O).
- For example, if a plate has been issued with an "S" in its combination and an identical plate request is submitted substituting the "S" with a "5", that plate will not be approved.
Graphic + characters
Any combination of graphics and characters that together could be determined to be objectionable under the above criteria or violate the contract with a Graphic Partner.
Intellectual property (such as trademarks)
- Infringement of intellectual property rights such as trademarks.
- The characters on a plate must not infringe on any third party intellectual property rights such as trademarks. It is your responsibility to check that the characters on the plate do not infringe upon any intellectual property rights.